Creative Scotland Transition Project Team to be based in Dundee
The Transition Project Team will have a base in White Space at Abertay University Dundee.
Anne Bonnar, Transition Director of Creative Scotland said
'We wanted our project team to have a base somewhere which was outside of Glasgow and Edinburgh, where Scottish Screen and Scottish Arts Council are based. Dundee’s cultural ecology includes a diversity of artists, entrepreneurs, innovators and educators which reflects many aspects of the Creative Scotland community.
White Space offers a contemporary creative environment where members of Scotland’s creative community can work with us to shape Creative Scotland.'
The Transition Project Team will be moving to Dundee over the next few weeks and is expected to be there for several months.
Professor Bernard King, Principal & Vice-Chancellor of Abertay University, said: 'I am absolutely delighted that Creative Scotland have chosen to base their transitional team in the White Space facility at Abertay. The philosophy of White Space is focussed on creative, interdisciplinary solutions and responding to future demands. What better home for a team that will forge an appropriate future for Scotland’s creative and cultural communities?'
Professor Paul Harris, Professor of Screen Media at Abertay, said: 'Over the past few years, the University has been working together with its partners in consolidating a regional cultural provision with the implementation of a complementary Cultural Strategy and through the appointment of a full-time Cultural Projects Officer, and along with colleagues I am looking forward to supporting this project in every way I can.'
Notes to editors
- The Scottish Government has recently announced plans to establish a new cultural development body, Creative Scotland, to advise, support and invest in the arts and creative and screen industries across Scotland.
- The Transition Project is to support the establishment of the new cultural development body, Creative Scotland.
- The Transition project will commence on 3 December 2007.
- The Transition Director and Project Team will manage the Transition Project.
- White Space is a unique knowledge environment for Abertay University’s students, staff and local businesses. Abertay University has invested £2.5 million in developing White Space on the ground floor of its main building.
Issued by: Scottish Arts Council